With fewer players on the field, each player has more opportunities to touch the ball, using and improving their soccer skills. Small-sided games can develop your player's decision-making, technical attributes, tactical knowledge and physical conditioning through functional movements. Small-sided soccer is FUN and allows more opportunities to score. Scoring can increase self-esteem, character development and team chemistry!
Here are some of the benefits of playing 3v3:
- More touches on the ball
- Increased number of game related decision-making opportunities
- Constant transition from attacking to defensive situations
- Increased 1 vs. 1 encounters in both attacking and defending situations
- Increased opportunities to utilize specific ball skills
- Increased opportunity to be in a goal scoring position